Today begins our book club discussion of THE GIRL YOU LEFT BEHIND by Jojo Moyes. We’re changing things up a bit this month and will be discussing the book in the comments section of this post. As usual our discussion will be led by the bright and lovely Tamara Welch. Make sure you follow her on Twitter and stop by her website.
Tamara has a few questions to get us started:
1. What do you think of the cover of The Girl You Left Behind? Does the cover entice you to read the book? Does the cover “fit” the book?
2. The Girl You Left Behind- what did you think the storyline was going to be about? Was it different than what you anticipated? Better? Worse?
3. The story is told in dual narrative. Do you like stories told in dual narrative? Was one story better than the other? Did you feel a connection to 1 character more than the other?
4. At the heart of the story is a painting. Has there even been a piece of art that you have had such a strong reaction to?
5. Can you understand why Liv did not want to give the painting back? Is Liv right? Wrong? What would you do?
6. What would you do for love? How far would you go for love?
7. Was the ending satisfying?