I’m humbled that you’ve come here from the Proverbs 31 devotion to explore more about the issue of domestic violence, whether it be your experience or the experience of a friend. My husband and I have found ourselves in the middle of helping women get safe, and we’ve learned a little about the journey along the way. Take some time to explore some of the following resources available, and if you know of other great places that help victims of domestic violence, please share them in the comments section.
- Daisy Chain Protecting the ‘Least of These’ from abuse
- Providing Shelter: The Church and Domestic Abuse
- An Ugly Secret: Domestic Violence in the Church
- She Seeks: A Cry For Truth
- Daisy Chain, by Mary DeMuth
- Angry Men and the Women who Love Them.
- No Place for Abuse: Biblical and Practical Resources to Counteract Domestic Violence
- Keeping the Faith: Guidance for Christian Woman Facing Abuse
- Share your family secret anonymously
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: http://www.ndvh.org/
- Hagar’s Sisters, a community of women supporting each other.
- Focus Ministries.
- Safe Haven Ministries.
For friends of those who are battered: