Update: As of midnight, Eastern Standard Time, comments on this post have been disabled. Thank you to the nearly 400 women who entered. We look forward to reading your stories and announcing the winner on Tuesday, April 5th.
When it comes to She Reads, and my work on this blog, days like today are my favorite. You see, I love to give stuff away. So strap your boots on gals, we’ve got one doozey of a giveaway for you!
For the last nine years a group of women from Proverbs 31 Ministries have hosted the She Speaks Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. It’s gotten to be so popular that it sells out, months in advance, with a waiting list in excess of two hundred. Registration for this years conference is already two-thirds full. But every year a few spots are reserved for special scholarships, and thanks to the generosity of Cecil Murphy, we’re giving one away right here.
First, the nuts and bolts of what this scholarship includes:
- Registration for one person for the 2011 She Speaks conference. The value is $595 and includes two nights in the conference hotel (based on double occupancy), all conference meals, all conference materials, and internet service. It does not include round trip travel to the conference.
- The scholarship is non-transferable and cannot be traded for cash or exchanged for other conference options.
- You can add a private room, extra nights, or a pre-conference seminar to your registration but this will be at your own expense.
And now, the fun part. Here’s how you enter:
At She Reads we truly believe that Story is the shortest distance to the human heart. So we’d like you to tell us a story and leave it in the comments section below. But here’s the catch:
IT CAN ONLY BE SIX WORDS!
Think this is impossible? Not so my friends. Ernest Hemingway did this once and considered it the best writing of his career.
“FOR SALE. BABY SHOES. NEVER WORN.” – Ernest Hemingway
In six words he packs an emotional wallop and tells us everything we need to know.
So put your thinking caps on, friends, and spin us a miniature yarn. Here are a few additional rules for your entry.
- You MUST leave your entry in the comments section on this post. No e-mails or entries through the contact form.
- You MUST also write a post on your blog, Facebook, or Twitter with your six-word story and a link to the She Speaks Conference. Do this before you leave your comment.
- When you leave your comment on this post, include the link to your blog, Facebook, or Twitter post about this contest. Because we will be checking! Please make sure that your story and your link are included in the same comment.
Comments left through Sunday, April 3rd at midnight will be entered, and the winner will be chosen by the She Reads team. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, April 5th. Tell everybody you know!
Also, another division of Proverbs 31 Ministries is giving away a conference scholarship as well. Stop by the She Seeks blog to double your chances of winning.
Ready. Set. Go!